Bill With Anastasia

Bill With Anastasia
Bill Eatmon - 1955 - 2006 Co-shepherd at Sheltering Pines from June, 1996 to August, 2006.

Followers

Thursday, July 06, 2006

Munching new pasture!





Tuesday we let the flock out on new pasture. Back in April we fenced in another 8 acres of our hay field. 1 1/2 weeks ago we had 1st cutting hay taken off it....I was waiting for the 1st cutting to be taken before letting the flock out onto the new pasture.

Since we routed the sheep through a different "gated area" I knew it may take a bit before they were used to going out there. Well, they learned very quickly. IN fact, it only took them one time to know the way back. I was amazed. Who ever said sheep were dumb? Probably someone who never owned any!

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

How wonderful! Doesn't it feel great to be able to turn them out on fresh pasture? I just rotated my girls today too...